Monday, March 08, 2010

After Todays Briefing

I have walked away today feeling more confident about this project than the past ones.
We have also been asked to produce, over the next 5 weeks, a History of Animation - Timeline.
We watched a documentary about 2D animation it featured the following:

  • John Lasseter - Pixar/Disney
    • 101 Dalmations - 1961
    • Where the Wild Things Are - 1963 (book)
    • Snow White and The Seven Dwarves - 1937
  • Otto Mesmer - Paramount Pictures
    • Felix 1919-1930
  • Chuck Jones - Warner Bros & Sib Tower 12 Productions
    • Bugs Bunny - 1933 (Warner)
    • Daffy Duck - 1933 (Warner)
    • Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote - 1933 (Warner)
    • Sylvester - 1933 (Warner)
    • Tom & Jerry - 1940-1959 (SibTower)
  • Winsor McCay - 
    • Little Nemo - 1911
    • Gertie the Dinosaur - 1914
    • The Sinking of the Lusitania - 1918
  • Steamboat Willie - 1928
  • Snow White - 1937
  • Tin Toy - 1986
  • Wallace & Gromit: The wrong trousers - 1993
  • Toy Story - 1995
  • Chicken Run - 2000
  • Looney Tunes: Back in Action - 2003
  • Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabit - 2005
    • Wallace & Gromit used references to Alfred Hitchcock
These are a few of the animations we looked at. I have noted the dates of them, which will help towards the timeline.

3 comments:

Alan Postings said...

Hi Dan,

Can you upload your pre-viz and outstanding tutorials to your blog.

tutorphil said...

Yes - and can you confirm what you submitted on Friday? I appear to have no submission disc from you and no hard-copy essay: did you leave on Mac downstairs? Let me know asap. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ahh yeah I have my pre-vis, animatic and essay, I thought I did upload to the Mac? Ill be in about 9.30am so Ill whack it on there. And the Maya Tutorials, I believe I have the rendered video's on a PC in Dm3. Ill check Tomorrow morning when I get in, and upload them then. Sorry for the late uploads/submissions.

- Dan

Post a Comment