Monday, October 26, 2009

Project 2: Space/Environments.

Well for this project, we were given a random folder, I got folder 7. (Anyone else?)
The contents of this folder were from a book called 'Titus Groan'
Ive looked into the book a bit more and found this..

"As the first novel opens, Titus, heir to Lord Sepulchrave, has just been born, he stands to inherit the miles of rambling stone and mortar that stand for Gormenghast Castle. Inside, all events are predetermined by a complex ritual, lost in history, understood only by Sourdust, Lord of the Library. There are tears and strange laughter; fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings; dreams and violence and disenchantment contained within a labyrinth of stone." -www.Play.com

Sounds pretty cool :D I briefly read over the extracts and am liking what im reading. I have ordered the book from play.com hopefully it will be the same version, ish..

"The Hall of Bright Carvings" - This one sounds to me like a long hallway, made of stone, carvings over the entire wall, (Makes me think of Aztecs)
"The Great Kitchen" - Im getting a picture of a kitchen out of ratatouille (However you spell it) A huuuge kitchen with several cooks and tons of ovens, pots, pans.
"The Attic" - This one sounds like there will be dust falling, low light, light rays coming through cracks in cielings/walls. wooden floors/walls.
"The Room of Roots" - Somehow makes me think of Monkey Island 1 I think, where the Voodoo Lady's hut is in the Swamp.


Well thats my thoughts so far :D

No comments:

Post a Comment